Drug rehabs are important facilities as they assist people who are undergoing challenging moments in their lives. Their aim is to enable an addict recover from the effects of drugs and alcohol abuse. Most rehab centres have strict criteria that they use before they let you join their facility. In this article, we focus on some criteria that is used when admitting you.
- Products that you’re required to carry- The beauty and toiletries that you carry when joining a rehab must be alcohol-free. It is important to read the list of ingredients that are used to make the items that you carry. In case you find alcohol as one of the ingredients, it is important not to buy that item as it may be rejected. You’re are supposed to bring the following items that may last a month:
- Toothbrush and paste
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Shaving cream
- Items prohibited-There are certain items that most rehabs cannot accept. The aim of banning the items in their facilities is to ensure that the rehab environment is conducive for your recovery. The items are as follows:
- Drugs and alcohol
- Candle and incense
- Video games
- Narcotics or prohibited prescriptions
- Food or drinks
- Toiletries and beauty products that contain alcohol
- Electronic cigarettes
- Unapproved or previously opened OTC medications
- Nail polish, polish remover or synthetic nail related products
- Video games and DVDs
Some of the items banned may not have
a serious effect but may distract you from concentrating on the recovery
program. These include such items like video games and playing of cards. The
banning of certain foods is so that to ensure that the meals that you take do
not have caffeine or less sugar.
- Items that are allowed by some rehabs and prohibited by others- Depending on the rules and regulations of every rehab, there are certain items that are allowed while others aren’t. These are as follows:
- Cell phone and laptop. In case your centre allows cellphones and computers, it is important to come along with power cords.
- Cigarettes. If allowed, inquire about the number of packets that you should carry.
- Vitamins and over the counter medications. The centres that allow these items require that they are new and properly sealed. Gum.
- MP3 player or CD player. If you’re allowed to carry them, you must ensure that you don’t have internet access.
- Packing information- in case you’re unsure of the items that you should carry along, it is important to search for information at the rehab’s site.
Addiction is real and it affects millions of American’s every year. Most people struggle with addiction for years before they decide to get help but the quicker you make the decision to get help the quicker you can get your life back. Once you have lived in your addiction for a while it’s difficult to see your life any other way but there is hope and rehab facilities can help you treat your addiction and teach how to cope with it and live a normal life again. Making the decision to go to a rehab facility is a huge step and it’s takes a lot of courage to get to that point. The best thing you can do for yourself is be prepared for what lies ahead of you and get as much information as you can before you enter into a program.
All rehab facilities are different and will have different rules about what you can bring with you but you can be sure that whatever bags you do decide to bring in they will search thoroughly to make sure that you are not bringing in anything that is prohibited. A lot of times you will find that things such as mouth wash products are not allowed into the facilities because they contain alcohol and can be used for other purposes other than what the manufacturer intended them for. You will definitely need to bring at least a week’s worth of clothing and all of your hygiene products such as shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion, toothbrush and toothpaste. Most rehab programs will have laundry facilities where you will be able to wash your clothes but you will need to bring laundry detergent and quarters for the washing machines and dryers.
Once you get to the Florida rehab facility your first day will be intake which will consist of a lot of paperwork and medical professional accessing the severity of your addiction. You will be asked a lot of questions about your addiction and how often and how much you are using and it’s very important that you be honest about everything. This will help them know exactly what kind of treatment you need in order to help you beat your addition. You should also get a tour of the building so you will know where everything is located and then you will be escorted to your room so you can get yourself settled.
Most rehab programs SJRP Recovery Place don’t allow you to have visitors during the first seven to ten days. This is because your body is going through the detox stage. Once you make is past this point in the program they will allow you to have visitors on the scheduled visitation days and you will also be able to have phone calls. You will need to prepare your family before you enter into the program and let them know that they will have no contact with you for about a week when you first enter into the program.